Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week 7

Week 7 was all about problems in the brain, at least from my point of view. We learned about phobias and schizophrenia. I have never really had any phobias much during my life other than being afraid of monsters and the dark when I was younger but that is more of a childhood thing. On the other hand schizophrenia definitely caught my attention.

My father had schizophrenia; although I have no idea what type he definitely had problems with certain parts of his brain. I remember a story of him not paying at Eat’n Park because he thought he was Jesus and did not have to pay.

In class we learned different types of schizophrenia and what they entail. I thought the one that is most scary would be either tactile or visual even though the auditory seems to be the worst from studies. I find it would drive me insane to feel like things were crawling on my skin or to see things that were not really there.

I hope that schizophrenia is something more that one develops than is hereditary because I would really rather not have any type of schizophrenia. As the teacher said don’t think that I am going to have it because sometimes it can actually increase of odds of getting it.

Definitely looking forward to the next 2 weeks since they seem to include a lot of interesting topics including alcohol, gambling and adhd.

No comments:

Post a Comment