Friday, August 6, 2010

Week 4 Psychology

Week 4 I feel has been the most interesting week in the psychology class to date. Week 4 was about the brain again, but more about senses, She told us that there were 7 senses and said she would tell us the 2 we didn’t know and they ended up being proprioception and the vestibular sense. Maybe ill look into them more another time; since ometimes I feel my properceptive sense may be a bit off, I like to bump into things but that may be just because I am a big guy.

One thing we talked about was the trinity of the human brain; the idd, ego, and super ego. The idd which is the uncouncious part; I want what I want when I want it, reminds me a lot about myself. And somewhat deals with being impulsive. Something that I need to work on is waiting a second before I say things after listening to someone. A lot of times I will just spurt something out.

We talked about a lot of things relating to the left and right brain, and I found out that I am mostly right brained which was somewhat interesting.

The teacher talked about how an enviorment can psycially change the brain which to me seems like a really bad thing. One thing that was mentioned was that ritilin affects the development of the brain and I know I was on that for a while as a child.But hopefully it didn’t impact my brain all that much.

We did an interesting thing on learning. We answered a bunch of questions on visual auditory and kinesthectic learning. I found out that auditory was my highest yetI feel that kinesthetic should be because I love doing things instead of hearing about them.

We watched an interesting clip on Ben underwood who learned to see with sound which to me kind of sounds like how dolphins see. It was a shame to find out that he died though.

Overall It was a very filled week of knowledge, should be interesting to see what peoples midterm projects are next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment